Great War Forum

Remembered Today:

Sign in to follow this  
Skipman

Reportage : le 11/19 de Loos en Gohelle

Skipman

6/3/1960 Reportage : le 11/19 de Loos en Gohelle (1 min 57 sec)

Google Translate :huh:

" A new type of architecture is changing the mining landscape. These are the new towers extraction, the first to enter service is the registered 19 Lens. Located Loos en Gohelle it groupera old wells 2, 3, 4, 9 and 12 and 13000 tons of fat extract coal jour.Visite construction site with new modern equipment such as the new bridge, the extraction tower 11/19, the laundry. "

Mike

Hope this is not too tenuous a link to WW1?

14/4/1955 Visite à une mine de charbon : fosse 12 des Houillères de Lens (13 min 32 sec)

Google Translate

" This report shows Pierre TCHERNIA visiting a coal mine. He punctuated the live broadcast of the program "Visiting" from Pit 12 (Twelve) Houillères Lens (Pas-de-Calais) with Loos en Gohelle. Two cameras were installed 300 meters underground to show the work of miners, for the first time in Europe.Pierre TCHERNIA dressed miner, interviewed Mr. Destruis (?), Head of the mine, its functioning. They descend into a "beurtiat" (internal shaft) via a lift, then visit a stope. They meet one of the last horses of mine used to tow sedans, and interact with the driver. We are witnessing an explosion prepared by the "blaster", and debris removal, and finally the movement of coal sedans. TCHERNIA Pierre and his host then go to the extraction sedan, through the galleries. "

Mike

gilles

Bonjour

Today this place is "patrimoine de l'Unesco"

but in the first war a terrible fought in the double crassier not the same form ....after the battle of Loos half was german and other was british troup ...

today possible to see all battle of Loos field by view panoramic 100 meter hight ...

gilles loos grande guerre