Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

1st Battalion Cameronians (Scottish Rifles) & 1st Battalion KRRC

Johno7439

I have the complete war diaries of the above regiments and am happy to look any info up.

• 6 months later...

Hi Ewan

I am about to do a battlefield tour with some army cadets in November and have tasked the cadets to "Pick a Soldier" and one of the group has picked 40604 Pte William Skivington - served with 1st Bn Cameronians - he was killed on 25th February 1918 - I have found him on the war graves site and have got his medal details - he is remembered on the memorial wall at Tyne Cot - Could you do a look up for me to say what the battalion was doing at the time of him being killed - I have part of their war diary 1914-16

Any information would be welcome

Thanks

Raymond Bell

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Ewan for the information - We have added it to the folder we have on Pte Skivington and will lay a cross for him when we visit

Raymond Bell

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ewan,

Many thanks for your kind offer.

I was hoping to tap into some of the expertise on the Forum and that someone might be able to steer me in the right direction to find out more about my Great Uncle, Howard Bailey. He was a Cornishman in a Scottish Regiment killed fighting with the 1st Bn Cameronians (Scots Rifles) on October 29th 1916.

Any details from the regimental diary around that time would be gratefully received.

Many thanks for your time.

Best,

Christian