Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Adam Alexander Reid, Capt., R.F.A. att. Black Watch

dhubthaigh

I wondered if anyone could suggest where I might find service records/information for Adam Alexander Reid, Capt., R.F.A att. Black Watch. He is commemorated on the War Memorial in Blairgowrie, Perthshire.

I had a quick look on National Archives site but nothing obvious.

DUNDEE COURIER: 14.04.1920
DEATHS
REID - At Perth, on the 12th inst. Captain Adam Alexander Reid, late of the National Bank of India, and youngest son of the late James Reid, George Street, Blairgowrie. Funeral to Blairgowrie Cemetery on Friday. Friends please meet cortege at cemetery gate at one o'clock. This the only intimation and invitation.
Death Entry
Died at Murray's Asylum, Perth of pulmonary tuberculosis (3 months) and pleurisy and effusion (1 month).
States: formerly a captian, East African Regiment.
MIC
ReidAdam_zpsa1ad3356.jpg
Thanks,
Mark

Not an expert on the NA it's a bloody awful site if you ask me, but they do have a file on a chap listed as A A Reid. Ralph.

Downloaded the handwritten index to surnames beginning with 'R' at NA. Again, nothing apparent.

Ralph,

I think the record for A. A. Reid at the N.A. is Alexander Angus Reid gazetted to the 4th Bn. K.O.Y.L.I. August 1 1917, later served with M.G.C. and Northern Cyclist Bn.

Harry