Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Liverpool King's

Jim H

I have received some great info re. my great uncle Thomas Teasdale( 13th Battallion K.I.A.31/08/18) from Joe and Chris but does anyone know places in Liverpool I could visit personally in order to develop my research?

Cheers. Jim

does anyone know places in Liverpool I could visit personally in order to develop my research?

The King's Regiment Museum at Mann Island, Liverpool (part of the Museum of Liverpool Life) is a good place to start. I believe they also hold the regimental archives here. Liverpool central library (whatever it's proper title is)might have something for you also, and will probably hold the local newspaper archives which might have your relative's obituary in them. If he was from Liverpool,then the register office might also hold some extra info for you.

If he was from somewhere other than Liverpool, you'd be better off doing the second 2 suggestions in his home town.

Dave.

Regimental records (and copies of many of the war diaries) are actually held at the adjacent Maritime Museum archives.

As I understand it, the archives are open Tues, Weds and Thurs. They advise booking a seat in the reading room in advance. Phone number is 0151 478 4424

Jim

The central library is in William Brown Street holds the archive copies of the Liverpool Echo and can be contacted on 0151 233 5817 if you wish to book a fiche reader and printer in advance.

I work a 5 minute walk from the Museum of Liverpool Life and Maritime Museum, so PM or email me if you need any further details.

SN