Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

6th Stores Depot RAF

Will O'Brien

I'm currently trying to research an RAF chap who died in November 1918 & is buried locally to me.............Information regarding the Aircraftsman himself is scarce to the point of non-existence (with the exception of his CWGC entry). I have therefore changed tact with my research & I'm trying to gather any background on his unit the 6th Stores Depot...............The name pretty much provides me with an idea of what it was but I'd like to know where it was located.............I am guessing it was in the UK since the chap is UK buried but to have a location would be nice................Do any Pals know the answer?

Will

According to the RAF Order of Battle for 11 November 1918 in 'Airmen Died' No 6 Stores Depot was in Ascot, with No 6 Stores Sub Depot at Hammersmith, London.

A quick look at the book shows that several men from the Depot died that month, with influenza and pneumonia among the causes.

I hope this helps you.

Gareth

Will

According to the RAF Order of Battle for 11 November 1918 in 'Airmen Died' No 6 Stores Depot was in Ascot, with No 6 Stores Sub Depot at Hammersmith, London.

A quick look at the book shows that several men from the Depot died that month, with influenza and pneumonia among the causes.

I hope this helps you.

Gareth

Gareth.........Excellent, thank you very much...............have you ever failed to answer one of these RAF/RFC questions? :lol: