Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

23rd Company Machine Gun Corps

sheilmar27

Harold H Robinson is causing me real problems. I cannot find out what his MGC were doing & where on the day he died which was 13/2/1918. I have researched all the soldiers on a Memorial Scroll & have had lots of help from Forum members but no one has given me anything on this young man. One last plea - can someone help me please? Private 122478, remembered with Honour at Tyne Cot memorial.

Regards, sheilmar

It will be 23 Infantry Brigade's Machine Gun Company on that date,a part of 8 Division. War Diary ref WO95/1715 which ended at the end of Feb 1918 and joined with others to become 8 Battalion MGC. Harold Norman Robinson was born and enlisted in York. Previously 534689 London regiment,but as this number is not on his Medal Card we can take it that he only served them at home.

Thank you both very much. That gives me somewhere to go anyway. Fingers crossed!

Regards, sheilmar.

I will take a look at WO95/1715 shortly and let you know what it says.

Thank you very much.

I have just sent for a book called Through Hell to Victory, hoping I may learn something from that as well. Really appreciate your help.

sheilmar

I have pages from the War Diary for the first two weeks of Feb 1918 and need your e-mail by PM to send them.

Sotonmate, i am going to PM ref this subject.

Dave

S

Personal Message with reference to the Diary. I have answered his message.

You should have the Diary pages now.