Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

RFA 10th Div Egypt

jtjmartin

I am looking for info for 28217 Drv H Blundell KIA 31/10/18 in Egypt. He was part of 10th Div Ammunition. Collumn. If anyone can provide information about his unit; when he volunteered/was conscripted and what action he may have been involved in when killed, I would be very gratefull.

jt

Henry is shown as Died in Soldiers Died in the Great War,which usually means other than KIA or Died of wounds,so likely to have been sick etc. He is buried in Alexandria War Cemetery in Iskandariyah,

31 October 1918 was the date of the Armistice in Egypt and Palestine.

Henry is shown as born in Litherland Lancs and enlisted in Seaforth Lancs.

10 Division were in Egypt and Palestine from Sep 1917 to Jul 1919 with their Ammo Column's War Diary WO95/4573.

Prior to this they were at Salonika,War Diary WO95/4831 and before that at Gallipoli.

His Medal Card shows he first landed in a war zone Egypt 20 Jul 1915. He was entitled to three campaign medals.

Thank you for the information. How sad that having survived for three and a half years, to die on the last day of war in his theatre and not due to enemy action. My grandfather was KIA in France in August 1918 which also sad, but in a way acceptable that Dvr Blundell's is not.

Thank you again for your input.