Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Albert Ward

Guest froyle

My husband and I look after The Froyle Archive (www.froyle.com) - a large website containing the history of the village of Froyle, near Alton in Hampshire.

We have been commissioned by Froyle Parish Council to write a book commemorating the 30 men on our war memorial and I have spent six months researching online and through local papers etc for info about these men.

Now I am sitting down to write the book I have about a page on each man, apart from one - Albert Ward.

I have searched births, deaths, marriages, census, soldiers records, medal cards, wills - you name it, I've been there. I simply can find nothing about this man - so, all I know is that he is on our war memorial as A Ward. A newspaper report of the blessing of the memorial in 1921 calls him Albert - but that could be wrong,

Does anyone have info on any A. Ward who could have been living in the Alton area at the time of WW1 - PLEASE

There is an Alfred Ward born Alton 1890 still around in 1911 and a SWB card for a man of the same name discharged through wounds in 1917 serving with the Hampshire Rgt. MAY be yours ? Ralph.

Can not see in that ares closest i seen is Albert Edward Ward killed 1-7-1916 born in Landport. 9495

In Hampshire Regiment.

Presumably you have all these

AITCHESON NELSON JAMES N J
BINFIELD FREDERICK F
BROWNJOHN THOMAS ALFRED T A
COOPER REGINALD THOMAS R T
COX FRANK S. F S
DEWEY ALFRED A
HAM JOE J
HANCOCK A S
HOUNSHAM DAVID JAMES D J
HOUNSHAM FRANK EDWARD F E