Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Uniform, possibly East Surrey Rgt?

DJM

Trying to identify the uniform, would East Surreys be a possibility? If so I can start the Medal Roll game. Thanks, DJM

post-105246-0-62796500-1393639720_thumb.

Hi

I agree with Max7474 its definitely the Devons

Thanks Max and Dave for your observations - below are the original image, a silver officers collar badge for the East Surreys (pulled off the web) and also a Devonshires cap badge from the web - I couldn't find a collar badge. Think that you are correct though!

post-105246-0-84851000-1393673918_thumb. post-105246-0-10843400-1393673956_thumb.post-105246-0-64466900-1393673969_thumb.

Surname, I think, is Clifford, and locally known as Frank, though I haven't found a 2nd lieutenant so named in the Devonshires yet. Obviously Frank may or may not have been one of his given names. Have a number of hares running at present but once I get a bit more to work on I'm sure I will be back for further advice. DJM

Surname, I think, is Clifford, and locally known as Frank, though I haven't found a 2nd lieutenant so named in the Devonshires yet. Obviously Frank may or may not have been one of his given names. Have a number of hares running at present but once I get a bit more to work on I'm sure I will be back for further advice. DJM

Do you know if he survived WW1 ?

Regards,

LF

Yes, he survived, but I don't know anything else (where he lived, when he died, etc.) though still chasing him down. DJM