Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

346 MY Coy RASC

genem

My first post and very much a new boy to researching military history....

I am trying to find information relating to my Grandfather, I have some of his photographs, he is shown in and about a fleet of Peerless 3 Ton trucks. The unit was 346 MT Coy according to a photo of a grave ( his friend George Daniels). My GF was Albert Skarrott.

What sort of role would 346 MT Coy ( "Pride of Struma" according to another photo) have been doing and is there any chance that a unit war diary still exists ?

Thanks in advance.

If it is Albert W Skarrott

He has MiC showing his number as M2/174579 and in ASC.

No theatre of war shown.

MiC ?

Certain about Salonika, I have pictures from there and Egypt en-route. A Berkshire boy, in civilian life he was the chauffeur for a family of Grain Merchants in Cork. Married the Cook, sensible chap. Not sure where this was taken, nothing written on the back, but that's a fine pair of "Empire Builders" his mate is wearing.

SCAN0127_zps57f86f1d.jpg

VMT. If I ever get a free afternoon in London...

Is he Albert W?

Albert William, born 1886, died Feb 6 1947, never in good health after his return from WW! due to recurrent Malaria.

346 MT Coy RASC, An Officer called Johnston & 117 men , Sailed for Egypt on "Manitou"- Embarked Devonport 18-02-16, Disembarked Alexandria 01-03-16.