Great War Forum

Remembered Today:

Sign in to follow this  
spof

BBC1 - Paxman: Britain's Great War

Gareth Davies

For those who like discussing (possible) factual errors: http://1914-1918.invisionzone.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=207017 Eagle eye of the week prize?

Ghazala

Thank you for this Yoshi, I was a bit annoyed to be interrupted during the programme, hence my confusion.

Anne

Sky plus with live pause will prevent this Anne..

Old Tom

Having only just watched the programme -BBC iplayer- and caught up with the thread, may I put three opinions:

I am amazed at posts timed a few minutes after the, or even during, the programme.

The few errors, I think FM Haig's picture was the most striking, were disappointing.

Well done, BBC!

Old Tom

Mark Hone

Old Tom-this is a reflection of the growing trend for people to post their comments to Facebook, Twitter etc as they are in the process of watching a tv programme, sporting event or even a play or concert.

yoshi1912

I was a bit annoyed to be interrupted during the programme, hence my confusion.

It's so annoying. Happens all the time, you wait excitedly to watch something and someone phones or calls at the door. Maddening!

kenneth505

Surely by now it's ok to ignore the phone? They'll leave a message or in reality why are they just sending a text in the first place?

oops, why aren't

Anneca

Good advice there from Ghazala, or even better to record and watch later but the other half was recording HIS programmes! Yoshi I think I'll take Ken's advice in the future, unplug the phone, take the batteries out of the door bell and batten down the hatches!

Anne

Ghazala

Good advice there from Ghazala.

Anne

Blimey, steady on Anne. Compliments like this could go to my head. I am more used to censure on this Forum...!

Anneca

Blimey, steady on Anne. Compliments like this could go to my head. I am more used to censure on this Forum...!

Not quite a compliment methinks, more of an observation on good advice - I haven't quite fallen for you yet Ghazala, when the compliments start coming beware!

Anne

Ghazala

Not quite a compliment methinks, more of an observation on good advice - I haven't quite fallen for you yet Ghazala, when the compliments start coming beware!

Anne

Lol.. Too late to send you a Valentine Card then...!

Anneca

Lol.. Too late to send you a Valentine Card then...!

Someone once said "There is an immeasurable distance between late and too late". Methinks being late is too late and too late is even more immeasurable.

MichaelBully

Interested to read these comments. I missed the fourth episode, and my laptop seems to go into meltdown if I try and get on to I player so it might be a while before I see it.

But certainly the first three episodes were better than I thought they'd be

Regards

Michael Bully

yoshi1912

Surely by now it's ok to ignore the phone? They'll leave a message or in reality why are they just sending a text in the first place?

oops, why aren't

It has crossed my mind in the past to ignore the door or the phone but I always worry that it is something really important, an emergency or whatever. And knowing my luck it would be. In reality it is usually someone selling something by phone. In other words, pests!

bradley

was impressed with the movement of the series,the way it weaved a fabric which most of us could feel and be stimulated by.
is there any more programmes in the series or can i put my tissue box away (a bit emotional i can be with that pesky war)

but that with the pic of `haig` oh dear indeed

q.there was some close combat footage from an aerial kind of view in programme 4(i saw it today on iplayer),prob from 1918,with men pouring into wide looking trenches

any forum member know if this was authentic or some of the post war re enactions

kenneth505

I'd have gone ...