Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

19th division, 57 Infantry Brigade: 10th Royal Warwickshire Regiment.

LCpl Lee Cope

Hello folks! I'm a returning member as I've been very busy investigating my family tree during WW2. I've found so much over the past few months, but I'm still hunting for anything that may be of use.

I'm mainly interested in the 19th division, 57 Infantry Brigade: 10th Royal Warwickshire Regiment during WW1, and my 1st cousin 3x removed.

His name was Edward Keighly Cope and he served with the 10th in the Kemmel Trenches from 13/04/18 - 01/06/18.

I already have his medal card, Battalion War diary, pension record and a few photo's of the trenches, but more would always be welcome.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

My grandfather was in the 10th also. Have no information other than his discharge in July 2016. Medal roll also of course, but he was under an assumed name :(

• 1 year later...

My Great Uncle George Shelley served in the 10th Battalion Royal Warwickshires Regt and was killed on 19th April 1918 at the end of the First Battle of Kemmel. I've found general information about the action, but nothing specific about the 19th, other than the Germans had by that date been driven off and a brief lull set in until their 2nd assault on the hill on 25th April. Any pointers greatly appreciated!