Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Not your usual 'Split Group'

Sue Light

I paid a visit this morning to my favourite local second-hand bookshop, and on the front counter, new in, were a run of six editions of Bruce Bairnsfather's 'Fragments from France...'. As I already have a couple of them, and am poorly endowed with cash at present, I chose two of them and went happily on my way.

Half way round M&S I talked myself into going to have another look. So having then gone back to get the other four, the owner looked relieved:

'I so glad - they all came in together, and I really didn't want to split the group up.'

Now that sounded familiar! :rolleyes:

Sue

Sue,

Does that mean you have a complete set of all eight? Over the years I have put together issues 1 - 7 but the last, No.8 is I believe very scarce. The complete set is as follows:

1. Fragments From France.

2. More Fragments From France.

3. Still More Fragments From France.

4. Fragments From France No.4

5. Fragments No.5

6. Fragments From All The Fronts No.6

7. Fragments From France No.7

8. Fragments Away From France No.8

There was also a special edition of No.6 published in the USA with a Doughboy in the 'better ole' cartoon with 'Old Bill' captioned "Both in the same 'Ole now".

Certainly never seen this here in the UK but I wouldn't mind getting hold of No.8 if anyone knows where!

Giles

No, sorry - today I bought numbers 1 - 6, but already had 1 and 2, so I now have two duplicates, but today's were in better condition that the ones I have. I wasn't sure how many there were in total, so thankyou for enlightening me. Is this the one you mean from number 6?

Sue

Guest AmericanDoughboy
Giles

No, sorry - today I bought numbers 1 - 6, but already had 1 and 2, so I now have two duplicates, but today's were in better condition that the ones I have. I wasn't sure how many there were in total, so thankyou for enlightening me. Is this the one you mean from number 6?

Sue

Ah! Love that one :D

-Doughboy