Great War Forum

Remembered Today:

Dannemois

Cpl Tanner

Dannemois

Trying to learn as much as possible of Cpl Oscar Barrett TANNER, MM, 27341, King's Shropshire Light Infantry 1st Bn. He also served with the Welsh Regiment prior to joining the K.S.L.I. Died 14 April 1918. Could someone please help by looking for a copy of his Medal Index Card and anything else that will enable me to write his story. I have located the announcement of the MM in the Gazette but as I am off Ancestry/FMP until the new year I hope someone can help.

Thanks in advance

C_O_L_I_N

Found His MIC

Screen Shot of SDGW

Edited by SPOF
Copyright image removed - please see Pinned Post at the top of this Sub-Forum

Dannemois

Hello Colin

Tardy but none the less sincere; many thanks for the images on Cpl Tanner, I really do appreciate your kindness.

Best Wishes, Roy

Paulwms01
On 13/12/2013 at 15:56, C_O_L_I_N said:

Found His MIC

Screen Shot of SDGW

Hi. I have done some research on Oscar Tanner for a book I wrote some 5 years ago about the former pupils of Lewis School Pengam who died in WW1. I am in the process of rewriting a second edition and would love any photos or information you may have on him. I have visited Oscar's name on the memorial at Tyne Cot and laid a wreath along with pupils from the School. I look forward tom hearing from you. Many thanks. Paul

Paulwms01
On 13/12/2013 at 13:18, Dannemois said:

Trying to learn as much as possible of Cpl Oscar Barrett TANNER, MM, 27341, King's Shropshire Light Infantry 1st Bn. He also served with the Welsh Regiment prior to joining the K.S.L.I. Died 14 April 1918. Could someone please help by looking for a copy of his Medal Index Card and anything else that will enable me to write his story. I have located the announcement of the MM in the Gazette but as I am off Ancestry/FMP until the new year I hope someone can help.

Thanks in advance

Hi. I have done some research on Oscar Tanner for a book I wrote some 5 years ago about the former pupils of Lewis School Pengam who died in WW1. I am in the process of rewriting a second edition and would love any photos or information you may have on him. I have visited Oscar's name on the memorial at Tyne Cot and laid a wreath along with pupils from the School. I look forward tom hearing from you. Many thanks. Paul

Edit

Options