Great War Forum

Remembered Today:

Sign in to follow this  
John_Hartley

What would this collection be worth - best guess?

exuser1

It still amazes me, that even today with so many detailed publications breaking down the various units that made up the corps that there is still a lack of interest in medals to corps. Horses for courses, or maybe horses for Wold Waggons? ;-)

Yes I agree but people still baulk when they see ACS , I picked up a superb 1914and bar trio with MM to the ASC the lad was a senior NCO Warrant officer with No1 Omnibus company and the MM was for April 1918 so very pleased ,and in 1914 on the retreat the lads saw plenty of action

trenchtrotter

RA always underrated also.....all branches. I have a 14 trio and plaque to RFA Somme casualty. Fraction of the price of infantry equivalent yet easily researchable.

TT

exuser1

RA always underrated also.....all branches. I have a 14 trio and plaque to RFA Somme casualty. Fraction of the price of infantry equivalent yet easily researchable.

TT

And as you say so underated just imagin what a lad in the RHA went through and saw if over early doors 1914?

rumjar

I can still recall a shop in Camden Passage would have a bucket of MMs a fiver each! it was 1974 and iwas earning £15 a week take home about £12!

i remember that shop he had a great intrest in the liverpool scotish.

exuser1

i remember that shop he had a great intrest in the liverpool scotish.

He was there till the 1980s? though by then a MM and trio to a line regiment could cost you at least £50! he would spend all day in his shop painting Hinton Hunt 54m figures ,i recall his shop more a kiosk l remeber going and seeing him at various militria fairs in the 1990s