Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

"Returns of the Territorial Force at Home " - query

ss002d6252

The N/A have a listing for "Returns of the Territorial Force at Home" - presumably these list monthly manpower returns for all of the T.F. Bns which remained at home but can anyone confirm this ?.

I would also be grateful , if anyone has the returns for the 6th DLI for August 14 to August 1915 if they would be willing to share the strength figures.

Craig

Craig - Durham County Record Office hold all of the 'Minute Books' for County Durham T.F.A. - some brilliant stuff in them.

The TF returns in WO 114 are very useful and give weekly (or fortnightly) strengths. This is particularly helpful for 2nd and 3rd line TF units, as well as the corresponding battalion HQ/TF depot. The data they collected changed from time to time but do include the number who had signed the ISO, the number in various categories of medical grade, the number trained/untrained etc. A detailed analysis of the data helps to understand the relationships between 1st, 2nd and 3rd line battalions in terms of flows of manpower

Thanks graham.

Do you know at what date the TFA minute books run up to?

Craig

Been a long time since I saw them, but if I remember correctly they covered the war years and before.