Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Joseph Holmes SWB : RE/4341

KIRKY

Got the MIC for above who started in S Staffs c9478 and moved to RE WR126141 and 302257 MIC shows SWB with above reference but I cannot find him on the list on Ancestry, why?

Tony

Got the MIC for above who started in S Staffs c9478 and moved to RE WR126141 and 302257 MIC shows SWB with above reference but I cannot find him on the list on Ancestry, why?

Tony

why

You were not looking hard enough :D

He is here

discharged from the Railway troops dep service number WR126141

badge number b134851

regards Ray

edit

opp's link to ancestry not working

Thanks Ray, I searched under the SWB number on his MIC which is RE/4341 so where did you get B134851 from??

Thanks again, will try again and see what else is showing!

Tony

Tony B 134851 is his silver war badge number from the Roll

clicking on the link on my second post takes me direct to the silver war badge roll on my computer

try clicking on it

regards Ray

Thanks Ray now done but how did you find him?

tony

• Admin

You can't search the Ancestry SWB rolls under a man's service number (unfortunately).

The easiest you can do is to search under his name and discharge unit and look down the list of returns for his number.

So entering Joseph Holmes into the name fields and roy* eng* into the discharge unit field shows the correct man 5th down on the return list with number WR 126141.

An alternative way is to search the SWB collections directly from the SWB number - scroll down the collections (on the right of the search fields) to find the RE rolls and select the roll spanning the relevant number, and then go to the correct page number (i.e. 4341)

Russ