Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Looking for a lost Family Member

PhilipOsier

Hello GWF, I would like to ask for some assistance in finding out some more information regarding a possible soldier. Iv located a D Sheridan, service number 10760 who served in the 15/Lan Fus (salford pals) and am wondering if it could me lost gr gr uncle, whom had a brother Daniel Sheridan with a service number of 10930. Could this close relation in service number mean anything?

Thanks Again GWF,

Phil

Hi Phil

Anything or nothing. You need to start doing some of your own research I suggest. Go to the Long Long Trail, apply what you read there. You may or may not have created your own family tree - that should also help you. Information about military service is as has been exp[lained to be found at either the national Archives or via Ancestry. You will be all the more excited if you find some of the information out for yourself. Members here will always help, but even more so they will help those who try to help themselves. That may sound harsh, but you have received tremendous help over the last few days - and sufficient to enable you to do some investigation of your own.

Keith

Thanks Keith, Not harsh at all. I have however done extensive searching, and still feel regarless of following all thses useful steps, somehow the GWF memebers never cease to amaze me in finding things i have not, using the same information. I apologize if I have hindered any respect on the forum, it was not my attention.

Regards,

Phil