Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Trench map archive CD

BSH

Hello all,

I recently purchased this CD-Rom, and it worked fine on my windows 98 system, but I've recently upgraded to a new computer running the Windows XP system.

and I'm now having trouble trying to print copies of any of the maps (yes the printer working fine!!!!), and if I try to save a copy of the maps the program just shuts down.

I've contact Navel & Military press, and the program makers (ermapper), but have not heard anything as yet, I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and how they solved it.

Thanks,

Barry.

Barry, you can download the XP patch here

IMHO they don't do a good job of letting people know that there are upgrades. It took me about a week before they answered me.

marc

Hello Marc,

Thank for that, but that patch is for the "Official Histories Maps France & Belgium" and not the trench map cd, but I now suspect that they have a patch for the XP system somewhere on there site. if only I could find it.

Thanks for you help.

Barry.

Barry, that was the link they sent me for the trench maps. The underlying engine is the same. In any event, that is what I installed, andI was subsequently able to print my trench maps.

marc

Hello,

Thanks Steve, but already had that Patch.

Thanks Marc, I downloaded the XP patch, and run it. But I still can't get the program to print or even save a copy of a map in jpeg form, it just shuts the program down.

I might try uninstalling, and then re-installing. just in case that helps.

Thanbks for your help anyway.

Barry.

IMHO they don't do a good job of letting people know that there are upgrades. It took me about a week before they answered me.

Marc.

If anything I think you are being a bit too generous to N&M Press. I think their customer service (in this particular instance) is woeful. I bought my copy at the IWM and, at least at that time, they didn't warn you either and its not as if Windows XP is some sort of alien operating system! All it would take is an insert with the CD with the link to the patch - even a warning would help - but I had to go through hoops to find out what was wrong and to get the link to the patch.

Given the price of the CD I didn't think the service was very impressive.

Neil

Hi,

I agree that it would have been so easy for them to place an insert into the disc box. After I received the e-mail with the XP patch link. I suggested to N+M press that they place a link to the patch on there web site, I don't know if they will or not, but it would have saved me a frustrating weekend of trying to find out why I couldn’t save or print from the program.

But I must say that they answered my e-mail first thing Monday morning so I can’t fault them for that. And the few dealing I’ve had with them, have all been OK. Maybe I was just lucky.

Anyway I hope that the link above will at least save someone else from pulling their hair out.

Barry

I've recently purchased a copy of the Trench Map CD from N&M but I was told that I would have to wait until the end of this month before it was shipped as the current version was being upgraded. This may or may not be related to the XP compatibility problem that some of you seem to be experiencing above.

Rgds

Ed