Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Norfolk Cemetery Becordel-Becourt

Tom Tulloch-Marshall

Norfolk Cemetery at Becordel-Becourt - a lovely cemetery to visit, especially at the moment as I expect that the trees either side of the valley are now in full "autumn colours". So close to the 1/7/1916 front line as well, but probably never sees a coach, or many other visitors come to that.

Anyway - if anybody does happen to be nearby could they possibly do me a favour ? Plot 1 Row C on the cemetery plan here. There are three particular graves in that row which I expect to be unknown soldiers, and I'd like to know what the headstones show - complete "unknowns" or is a regiment / corps shown ?, and any other detail.

Headstone I.C.34 is Sapper Samuel Farnell RE. - What does headstone 35 record ?

Headstone I.C.40 is Sapper Robert Hodge Beveridge RE. - What does headstone 41 record ?

Headstone I.C.44 is L/Cpl J Scrivens Border Regiment. - What does headstone 45 record ?

I don't need photos (unless that's easier for you). If anybody could do that I'd appreciate it.

Tom

Tom

I C 35 and I C 45 are Unknown with no further information. There is no stone for I C 41 possibly a French burial removed before the register was issued in 1925. The 1925 register gives no clue.

Peter

Peter - thanks. I had rather been hoping that one of them might be an unknown in a particular regiment.

Tom