Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

TJames

Hi

I am looking for information (like war diary's) that is related to the 1/5th KOSB during the Second Battle of Marne 1918". I am researching a Lieutenant called George Gordon Carmichael who died on the 1st Aug 1918 and cant seem to find any information about the battle during that time. I know they were under command of a French General called Mangin. Could anybody help?

Thanks

TJ

Hi

I am looking for information (like war diary's) that is related to the 1/5th KOSB during the Second Battle of Marne 1918". I am researching a Lieutenant called George Gordon Carmichael who died on the 1st Aug 1918 and cant seem to find any information about the battle during that time. I know they were under command of a French General called Mangin. Could anybody help?

Thanks

TJ

Hi TJames,

I have a copy of the 5th KOSB history. He does not receive a mention in the text but I can send you copies of the pages concerning the action at Beugneux. He appears on a group photo in the book and he is mentioned in the list of officers who served as:

"Killed. Lieut.G..G.Carmichael. Joined the battalion in 1918, and was killed at Beugneux. His father is Provost of Coldstream, Berwick-on-Tweed."

If you PM me an email address I can send you copies of circa 8 to 10 pages which cover the period 1st to 3rd August,1918, and also his photo.

Robert

Hi

Just to say thanks for the help from both off you. I revived the war diary's and are going to make a start on reading them tonight.

Many Thanks

Thomas

• spof changed the title to 1/5th Kings Own Scottish Borderers - 1st Aug 1918