Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

New Zealand MGC.

Alan Peacock

Can anyone help with some info. on the 1st New Zealand Mounted MGC. serving in Egypt.

Which original units formed this corp?

Cheers,

Alan.

Alan

Apologies for my lack of knowledge about this corp.

Here is a link to the New Zealand Electronic Text Collection, this collection holds all 1st & 2nd NZEF official histories.

You will find The History of the New Zealand Machine Gun Corps — Introduction in the volume "With the Machine Gunners in France and Palestine"

Hope this helps.

Wendy

Wendy & Dale,

Thanks for your replies. I have checked out the websites you both mentioned and found

them very helpful.

Much appreciated.

Cheers,

Alan.

Hi Alan,

I think this link is the one you need. Couldn't find it last night.

Recently I researched Trooper Hans Hartmann who was a member of the NZ Mounted Rifle Brigade Machine Gun C Battalion, who was KIA on 6th Nov 1917 in the Beersheba area.

At that time the NZers where part of the Australian Light Brigade. and the war diaries for that time are available on line at the Australia War Memorial Site.

I did use another site, but unable to find it at present.

Regards

Dale

http://www.lighthorse.org.au/resources/history-of-the-australian-light-horse/australian-new-zealand-mounted-division

http://www.nzmr.org/machinegun.htm

Dale,

Thanks for the info. on the websites. I checked out both of these excellent websites and found them

very interesting and helpful. Thanks for your time and effort very much appreciated.

Cheers,

Alan.