Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Grave Found form

mmm45

Hi

Can anyone point me in right direction is there a form for grave found to submit to CWGC.The lad was a non commemorated soldier he is now on CWGC and with searching the original graveyard registers I think that he lies in an unmarked plot in a graveyard near the hospital he died at.

At present he is in the UK Book of remembrance.

Thanks for any help.

Ady

Ady - I'm not sure there is a form but you can email the details to: email

This is what I do: Link

Terry

Hi Ady

who is he please as CWGC normally know where those in the UK BOR are buried & they are just waiting to complete formalities before transferring the commemoration to the burial place

Chris

He is Ernest Gould 6th KOYLI.We had him accepted by CWGC but there was a query on his burial. The vicar at St Michaels in East Ardsley near Wakefield has access to the original burial records and he is listed but no plot given it is thought he is in an unmarked plot in the graveyard.

There are possibly other records in Wakefield archives that may give a plot.

Thanks for the replies

Ady

Ady

What I have in my notes from when he was accepted is East Ardsley St Michael's Churchyard. If you can come up with a definite plot then all the better. I can feed it into the system for you via IFCP.

Chris

Nice one Ady

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Chrisharley9

Another topic altogether but I note that you appear to have a lot of information on soldiers in the Norfolk Regiment. You may have noted from another thread that I am researching 38 soldiers from my village up in the Pennines for a Book of Remembrance. I am stuck on 2. 1 being Private Friend Whitwam of 12th Bat. Norfolk Regiment 320823 died 9th March 1918 in Palestine. He is buried at Jerusalem War Cemetery and I am trying to link him to the family at Scapegoat Hill, Golcar, Huddersfield. His Commonwealth Graves info gives Huddersfield as his birth place but no district. Could you help please or perhaps tell me where to find info re Norfolk Regiment?

Thank you

• 1 month later...

The burial register is on ancestry so will submit on your behalf

Chris

Marshdean,

There are two lads with the name Friend Whitwam living in the Huddersfield area in the 1881 census.

One is at Leeches, Longwood, the son of Thomas and Mary Whitwam, born Longwood, age 4

The other is at Nettleton Hill, Longwood, son of Thomas and Betty Whitwam, also born Longwood, age 5

Andrewr