Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

David Schlößinger, verw.1916, RIR 212, 5 Komp...and Hitler?

ph0ebus

Hi all,

A relative of mine, David Schlößinger apparently served with and was 'schwer verwundet' with Reserve-Infanterie-Regiment 212, 5 Kompagnie:

http://des.genealogy.net/search/show/4934199

After a little research, I am seeing mentions that Adolf Hitler also served in RIR 212, i.e.:

MEYER, Adolph: Mit Adolph Hitler im Reserve Infanterie Regiment 212

Is that true? Could my relative and Hitler have served together? If that is correct, consider me gobsmacked!

-Daniel

Daniel, I thought AH was in the List Regiment from 1914 as a rifleman for 2 days then as a dispatch runner for the duration. The List Regiment was the 16th Bavarian Reserve Infantry Regiment, 6th Bavarian Reserve Division Regiment.

Adolph Meyer served with him closely and wrote a book cited as: Meyer, Adolf, Mit Adolf Hitler im Bayerischen Reserve Infanterie Regiment 16 List (Neustadt-Aisch: Georg Aupperle 1934). Meyer

Daniel, I thought AH was in the List Regiment from 1914 as a rifleman for 2 days then as a dispatch runner for the duration. The List Regiment was the 16th Bavarian Reserve Infantry Regiment, 6th Bavarian Reserve Division Regiment.

Adolph Meyer served with him closely and wrote a book cited as: Meyer, Adolf, Mit Adolf Hitler im Bayerischen Reserve Infanterie Regiment 16 List (Neustadt-Aisch: Georg Aupperle 1934). Meyer

Ah, the sites I found had mistranscribed the title, then. I really never read anything on AH's service, so I figured I would ask.

Incidentally, David went on to survive the war only to die in Rivesaltes Internment Camp 14 Jan 1942.

Thanks,

-Daniel

• 2 weeks later...