Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

The Great War in Portraits - National Portrait Gallery, 2014

NigelS

Advance news of 'The Great War in Portraits' exhibition to be held at the National Portrait Gallery (NPG) between 27 February and 15 June, 2014 in today's Daily Telegraph Click

Information on the NPG website Click

NigelS

• 7 months later...

Just received an invitation to view the exhibition before it closes.

It seems a pity that certain rememberance events are closing down before the anniversary of the start of the Great War

I am kicking myself that I didn't spot this exhibition sooner. Just a fortnight left i see: I'm busy working out whether I can rearrange my activities next weekend to include a trip up to London (from the West Susses coast) next Sunday.

William

I visited this exhibition today and while it was very interesting, it may not be worth a trip into London just to see it as it is not very big. I took my time wandering around the paintings and reading all of the information plaques and was done in about half an hour at most. However, I'm definitely glad I saw it as I was already in the city.

Alas I was not able to make it - I'm off to Ypres later this week, and had underestimated how busy I was going to be over the weekend sorting out loose-ends etc. I'm sorry to have missed it - quite glad to hear that it wasn't a huge exhibition.

William