Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Everything comes to those that wait

barkalotloudly

Having watched with some amazement as a not particularly scarce trench map {15/8/1916 Somme} was purchased for over £400.00, that word seems to erase all common sense, i was very pleased to pick up a 1/10000 map of this area, made up of parts of several sheets {hopefully a "special"} dated just prior to the battle for a 10th of that price.

Oh and a copy of the "British Community in Agentina 1914-1918" for 1p plus {postage} described as "scuffy" i think i can afford a nice rebind!

I am not suggesting that by any means all Great war books, maps, etc can be collected cheaply but i will leave it to others to pay the high prices for the run of the mill collectables ! there is value to be found, you just have to search

Life is too short to wait for too long. Sometimes something will turn up & you just know that if you don't buy it at once you'll regret it forever. Lucy's 'Devil in the Drum' in its jacket cost me dearly but I doubt I'll ever see another & I'd be cursing that missed chance every day if I hadn't taken it.

Life is too short to wait for too long. Sometimes something will turn up & you just know that if you don't buy it at once you'll regret it forever.

You're obsessed man? :P

Mike

Obsessed? That doesn't even begin to describe it.