Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

CSM Herbert Barlow, DCM, MC - 6th Kings Shropshire, Light Infantry

biffo1

Hi Barrie,

l came across this website as my daughter is undertaking a project about WW1 and has to produce information about a soldier or a relative who served in tne war. Of course we picked her Great Grandfather Herbert Barlow!

Your Uncle Herbert is my mother Joyce's father. THere is a photo of you at mum's wedding! I attach a photo of him below- I dont think he is on any of the photos you have posted. If you would like to get in touch I have much more information about him (or mum does - she's still alive).

WE must be related but how exactly I'm not sure!

Kind regards Jayne Russell (nee Sellers)

Hi Jayne

Your daughter may find my book on the 6th K.S.L.I. helpful to her project-she may be able to get a copy from your local library -the ISBN number is 1 903360 02 1 and name of the book The 6th Battalion King's Shropshire Light Infantry 1914-19.

Annette

Hi Annette, Thank you for that. We will all find it interesting! Can you get in touch with Barrie on my behalf or do we have to hope he returns to this site?

Thanks Jayne

Hi Jayne

I will send Barrie a PM to let him know-I notice he as not been on the forum for a while.

Annette

Hi Jayne

I do have a few and while not wanting to do myself out of a sale -have you asked your library to get one from another library ? I know that can take time, I was waiting for a month for one book that I had asked my local one to get. If you still want one then send me an PM.

Annette

Hi Barrie,

l came across this website as my daughter is undertaking a project about WW1 and has to produce information about a soldier or a relative who served in tne war. Of course we picked her Great Grandfather Herbert Barlow!

Your Uncle Herbert is my mother Joyce's father. THere is a photo of you at mum's wedding! I attach a photo of him below- I dont think he is on any of the photos you have posted. If you would like to get in touch I have much more information about him (or mum does - she's still alive).

WE must be related but how exactly I'm not sure!

Kind regards Jayne Russell (nee Sellers)

Hiya Jayne,

Thank you very much for contacting me and sending the photo of my Great Uncle Herbert (my mother's uncle). It is great to hear I have found my long lost relatives from that side of the family. If he was your mother Joyce's father, then Joyce is my mother's cousin and you I suppose are my second cousin! I have been working on the family tree and will try to get something out to you soon. I will contact you by the site's message system. So please click on the envelope icon at the top right hand side of the page, which I believe should show a number 1 indicating one message received.

Regards,

Barrie