Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Cap badges

Chipper

Hi all, new member here.

Firstly a confession. I am a reformed German medal/badge collector. (too many fakes these days) who has recently discovered the amazing world of WW1 British cap badges. Despite being Australian, I have a connection, as my Grandfather served in Queen Victoria's Rifles (9th London Bttn).

My question is this. Can some learned members point me towards some reputable dealers?

I know from my German collecting days that personal research and knowledge is very important, and I have Peter Doyal's book on the way, but it does help to know who is "good" (and who to avoid) in the dealer world, so I would appreciate any advice.

Looking forward to many happy years of collecting and participating in the forum.

Cheers,

Clanfield Militaria were the dealers I always dealt with way back when I started, run by Lew Shotton, I believe he passed away several years ago and the business is now run by his son. Always reliable and assured that no restrikes/copies etc were sold. Ralph.

Edit. Sorry for the mistake Lew still with us :thumbsup:

Many thanks Ralph, always good to get info from the experts. Much appreciated.

I have bought from Clanfield and have had no problems with them, a quick and reliable service, though it should be remembered that even the best can get it wrong, so still do your own research when buying from anyone.

Cheers, Jerry. I totally agree, personal research and knowledge is very important. Thanks for the reply.

Sorry PB I genuinely thought Lew was no longer with us, has he only retired do you know.? Ralph.

Have apologized on my original post.

RR, many thanks, I will check it out. Much appreciate the help from All here

cheers