Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Private George Murray Lawson 51418 Royal Fusiliers

alistair_m

Having thought that I'd managed to trace all my family and their activity during the Great War, I suddenly find that my great uncle, George Lawson, also saw active service. The information I have was recovered from a service file record for his brother Arthur Lawson who was killed in Salonika in 1916 The record (Effects - Form 107) exists, as it appears Arthur had no will at the time he was killed and details "near relations" at the time of his death. George Lawson is recorded as his Eldest Brother, with an address of "Private in 5th Platoon. 2 Company. 13 Royal Fusiliers".

Having checked the medal cards, I find that George Lawson has been listed, Regimental No. 51418. Entries are shown for the Victory and British Medals, but not for the Star. There is unfortunately, no further information on the card.

As usual, any assistance would be gratefully received.

Many thanks

Alistair

No service or pension records apparent on Ancestry UK. His MIC shows that he entered a war zone after Dec 1915. 13 RF were with 37 Division. There might be some info on the original medal roll about date into theatre.