Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

282nd Brigade RFA - 7th October 1916

old sparky

1126 Cpl Harold Anson Gunner was killed on 7.10.16 while serving with 282 Bde RFA. From what I have gleaned from past posts this unit was involved in the Battle of Le Transloy on that date. Does anyone have the War Diary for this unit which may help me find the various battery locations please?

Cpl Anson is buried in Guards Cemetery, Les Boeufs.

Peter B

Peter

Are you naturally lucky ? I am at Kew now and was looking up a post and saw yours so I have just ordered the file !

A real mate from Soton no less! Yup I must have been born lucky. Long may it last! Many thanks.

Regards

Peter B

Peter

As Meldrew would say,I don't believe it !! The pages for Oct 1916 are noted as missing ! I may have made up for it with a page or three from the 1/14 Londons.

PM sent with thanks. Never mind about the RFA reference. My luck couldn't be that good! However, I'm pretty confident of finding other sources which will get me where I need to be. Sincere thanks for your help. Again. You are rapidly attaining star status ! :-)

I should have mentioned that I have noted the disposition of the Brigade both at the end of September ( 29th -into position SE of MORVAL,trench map ref T.16a and T.15b&d) and at the beginning of November at MAMETZ but left for DOUARS later that day

That's really helpful and probably all I need to work up and include in a mini biography for the planned Book of Remembrance. Thank you so much.

Best regards

Peter B

Here are the trench map references provided by sotonmate. Typically on the edge of the map! From TNA trench map DVD from N and M Press.

Roger

post-42671-0-34348600-1382007835_thumb.j

Thanks for that Roger. Most helpful.

Best Regards

Peter B