Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

How long to drive from ........

Pighills

Not a route we usually take and friends of ours are wanting to drive from Zeebrugge to Ypres, but would like to know how long it takes, we can't answer that, obviously, but know that some do take that route.

So, if anyone can tell us, we'd much appreciate it.

Obviously traffic could be an issue, but my route planner says about an hour. I haven't done the exact route, but might expect it to take a little longer, but not much. (Rush hour excluded).

Keith

Not a route we usually take and friends of ours are wanting to drive from Zeebrugge to Ypres, but would like to know how long it takes, we can't answer that, obviously, but know that some do take that route.

So, if anyone can tell us, we'd much appreciate it.

Kim

i agree with Keith that approx. 1 hour by main routes would be correct. Last month we made the journey from Brugges to Poperinge but decided to use a route across country from Torhout, thinking it would be relaxing. Unfortunately we encountered a number of blocked roads with villages isolated by road works. Just a tip if they are going in the near future.

Kevin

We did it 2 years ago in about 1 and 1/2 hours, but we were dawdling.

Very easy to get distracted round there!

Regards

Ian

If they had a few minutes to spare, they could always stop off to view the splendid Zeebrugges memorial.....

Bruce

We always stop in Brugge for a few hours (well worth it). The underground car park for Brugge is just off the main road as you go down an underpass. As with others it usually takes us just over an hour to do the trip. If the ferry was not so pricey, we would go that way every time. I wait until I have enough Avios points and then do it :)