Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Isaac Rosenberg

seaJane

Another piece of misinformed journalism unfortunately, spoiling an otherwise decent piece. 'All we hear from are the donkeys' is total rubbish. Mr Mount needs to think again before confining regimental officers to the donkey myth.

I think I am going to stop reading any British press throughout the whole Centenary.

Jim

A thing of no consequence re Rosenberg - some years ago, I was heading back to Zeebrugge from the Somme and, as usual, I had become rather confused with the road spaghetti around Arras. The thick fog (it was October) didn't help. Anyway, I knew I was headed in the right direction and was convinced I would come across a helpful signpost sooner or later. About lunch time, I happened to stumble across a CWGC cemetery and decided to stop there to eat my sandwiches and get my bearings. I wandered into the fog-bound cemetery and, walking a little way, placed my hand on a stone there. I was amazed to see that it commemorated Isaac Rosenberg and, as custom demands, I placed a pebble on the top.