The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Looking for a photo of the royal irish fusiliers 8th battalion . I wou

Wammyburger

Hello, I'm writing to those who may have a photo of the 8th battalion of the royal irish fusiliers. My great uncle private Leonard hill fought for them and sadly passed in 1916. Me nor my family have never seen a photo of him in the army. I would be very happy and greatful if one photo was found of the battalion.

The Battalion was formed in Armagh and later moved to Tipperary before shipping out to France. Have you tried either the regimental museum or newspapers of the day for both the above places ?

Any idea were he resided?, if its Belfast, check forum member (Fitzroy) website http://www.greatwarbelfastclippings.com/ he has a lot of newspaper photo's.

Walter

Hi, i had a good look in my files and came across your Great Uncle Pte Leonard Hill on St Matthew's Parish Church, Woodvale Roll of honour, (no Photo sorry) but i have a church magazine page with his Roll of honour mention on it, 227 Cupar St, Belfast,

If you haven't seen it before i can send if you email me (see website below ourheroesinmemoriam website) don't want to put email on forum with spams and things.

Walter

• 1 year later...