Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

great war music downloads

Sue S

Hi, I am looking for a site where I can download Great War music to use in a Powerpoint presentaiton I am putting together to present to local groups. I never charge a fee for talks and instead ask for a donation to a charity which is close to my heart and so I am hoping not to have to pay too much. I have tried firstworldwar.com but if anyone has any other suggestions I would be pleased to hear them. Thanks in anticipation. Sue

There are a number of original recordings on the web but the sound quality is very poor from such early recordings.

Probably the most convenient source, (and also of very good sound quality), to use is a copy of the DVD "Oh what a Lovely War", shouldn't be too much trouble to insert relevant video clips of the songs you require into Powerpoint. My favorite is the Australians rendition of "One staff officer jumped over another staff officers back".

Allan D.

Sorry but if you copy from a DVD you will be in breach of performance rights laws / copyright and all sorts.

Try archive.org for songs in the public domain.

Thanks for replying. I would'nt use anything without permission and may buy the CD of the film and contact the copyright owners. If they say no that would be the end of it. Regards Sue

I hope they are obliging or that you find something somewhere.

Perhaps the local choral society would help out?!