Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

"The British Cavalry Sword"

Steven Broomfield

Received a flier for this new book today. Thought there might be interest: I stress I've not seen it and know nothing more than this:

http://thebritishcavalrysword.com/

According to the puff, it has 320+ pages (presumably they forgot how many, or gave up counting), with 467 colour plates. It's 280 x 235 mm, hardback.

Enjoy.

Not as exhaustive a tome as that but I'l stick with British Military Swords by John Wilkinson Latham for the time being - I appreciate that the book is produced for a niche market but £75!

My WW1 Royal Horse Guards Officers Sword was recently valued at £1900 so on that scale the book is cheap! John

• 5 weeks later...

Not as exhaustive a tome as that but I'l stick with British Military Swords by John Wilkinson Latham for the time being - I appreciate that the book is produced for a niche market but £75!

British Military Swords was a fine book for its time, but it is now very out of date. Robson's Swords of the British Army corrected a number of errors and misconceptions that had existed since ffoulkes & Hopkinson and which appear in Wilkinson-Latham's book. Now Richard Dellar has built upon what appears in Robson, as well as adding new insights. Dellar's book is generously illustrated throughout with color photos. It is a very high quality publication and I highly recommend his new book.

Thanks, JG. Appreciate that.

• 4 weeks later...