Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Royal Warwickshire Study and History

neverforget

Came across this fantastic piece of work whilst looking for something else as usual. Anyone interested in the Royal Warwicks should enjoy it, if they haven`t already stumbled upon it as I did. Lots of other useful and interesting info in there too irrespective of the regiment described. Hope someone finds it worthwhile.

http://etheses.bham....iams00MPhil.pdf

Thanks for posting. Royal Warwicks don't fall under my umbrella but never the less, this looks like an interesting read.

Ant

Cheers. Mine neither really, except for the fact that I`m a Brummie. I was well chuffed when I found it. The wealth and depth of information in the study is incredible. I must investigate further to see if any other regiments/battalions have been studied in such depth.

My Great uncle served in the 1/7th Btn RWR; 2096 Sgt Roland I Kenney KIA 14/7/16 at la Boisselle. I understand it was a planned dawn attack towards Thiepval ridge by 48th South Midland Division. The attack started late and 1/7 RWR suffered 16 killed mostly due to enfilading machine gun. I would be interested in any more information relating to this action; also any info relating to when he joined (i.e service number history) I am guessing he was part of a territorial or reserve formation or volunteered at outbreak of war. The 7th Btn was raised around the Rugby/Coventry area with the 1/7 transferring to France and 2/7 remaining for cadre training. Roland came from Brinklow (nr Rugby)

• 1 year later...

Hello,

I was really interested to read that your Great Uncle came from Brinklow. My Great Granddad Henry Nichols also came from Brinklow. Have you seen the new memorial there ?

Believe it or not I have only just come across this work and must say it looks excellent. I haven't read it all yet, but I will. Quite a few of mine and my wife's relations served in various of the RWR battalions, we both coming from Warwickshire. I thank you for this post

Regards. Mike