Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Great War Forum Conference 2014 - fifth speaker announced

AlanCurragh

Two! that is only your carry out beer.

We can surely do better than that.

Keith

We've passed the 100 attendee mark today - but still time to book your place - see the first post of this thread for details. And the Premier Inn on Hagley Road still has rooms for £35 on Friday evening...

I's so peeved, I won't use the other word that comes to mind that I booked too soon for that saving.

Keith

I's so peeved, I won't use the other word that comes to mind that I booked too soon for that saving.

Keith

Peeved off? I'm in the same boat!

'

OMG 35 pound rooms? Perhaps that would make the flight expense easier to bear!!!

Just to mention that the back room at the Old Contemptibles is now booked for Friday evening

Keith

IIRC I only paid £25 for the Friday night, but three times that for Saturday.

Cheers Martin B

Yay! A change of events means I can now go - only for the day, and sadly not for a beer the evening before. Please add me to the list of attendees. Paypal payment just sent.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick reminder about the conference - places are going fast but still some left - don't leave it too late as some folks were turned away last year

Just a quick reminder about the conference - places are going fast but still some left - don't leave it too late as some folks were turned away last year

Have this mind picture of Alan turning pathetic Belgian refugees away from the door !

In a few weeks, Neil, I'll email everyone to remind them.

Not a pub - It's the Police Training Centre!

Our traditional Bobbies or John Peelers hunt criminals on horseback dressed in red uniforms. You'll oft hear the merry cry "burglar gone away -tally ho" and the sound of baying police dogs.

Blimey, should be a great dinner then... The Times reported this week of shenanigans at Ashford Police Training Centre in Kent, which trained tens of thousands of officers from 1973 to 2006. They even printed a very racy photograph sent in by an anonymous whistle blower. I think I will definately be going.

• 2 weeks later...

There are still a few places left. If you are thinking of attending - please don't delay contacting Alan. Details at post 1 at the top of the thread.

Keith

I've just sent out my "please pay the balance" email - still a few places left if you are interested

Alan

Balance paid for two places

David

Thanks Mandy Sue and David

No deals now at the Premier Inn on the Hagley Road, they know we are coming!

Keith

Hi Alan,

Will you be publishing a list of attendees ?

Hi Alan

Balance paid.

Regards Doug.

Still a few places left - please contact me if you want to come

Alan