Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Man of Kent - Model

keithfazzani

Recently had this model made to order. Anyone who has a copy of Moody's Historical Record of the Buffs should recognise it, it is the frontispiece. I am not very proficient at posting photographs so hope this works, click on the following: https://www.icloud.com/journal/#9;CAEQARoQmuo2MEGP2BkeZoqkV1wizw;0EF8DC39-60DD-4C2E-9D72-6DA861FFAA6B

No, I did none of it, no skill in that area, even my attempts at plastic aircraft were a disaster in my youth. All made by a local military model maker.

It's very nice, padre.

Out of interest, am I right in thinking that all Buffs were Men of Kent, but that the West kents could be Kentish Men or Men of Kent due to their different recruiting areas?

Yes you are indeed right. It depended on which side of the Medway you came from. I live in East Kent although the East Sussex border is only a couple of miles away and thus we are about as far west as you can get in southern Kent. . If you are born West of the Medway you are a Kentish Man and East, a man of Kent. As the Medway is to the North of the county it is very confusing. The Royal West Kent Regiment is the the regiment for Kentish Men.