Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Bleuets de France

Stoppage Drill

The website of the Ouevre National at Hotel des Invalides is not responding to my attempt to order a quantity of artificial Bleuets (lapel pin-on type.)

Is there any other source I can use ?

The only place I have seen them for sale is the little museum at Notre Dame de Lorette

I acquired one at the end of the RBL's Pedal to Paris a few years ago. Never seen them anywhere else, I'm afraid. It's rather lovely.

The only place I have seen them for sale is the little museum at Notre Dame de Lorette

That's where I got mine. The cardboard backing disk says "Bleuet de France . Mémoire . Solidarité". The Visitor Centre at Thiepval has small enamel bleuets as pin badges and ear-rings, but not the big, fluffy ones.

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to order 20, but the site only allowed me to have 2 ! And lovely they are - I shall wear my Bleuet along with my poppy when the time comes.

Anyway, they arrived today, and if anybody else is interested here is a link - go to the "Boutique" button. http://www.bleuetdefrance.fr/ewb_pages/h/histoire-oeuvre-et-de-la-fleur.php

Cheers Mr Drill - appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

I just tried the 'Boutique' tab and it returns a 'Page Unobtainable' message.

Mick, I've had the same problem but I've just copied the link address and pasted it into a separate browser session and it seems to work. Pete.

• 2 years later...

Obviously this is a late response to this question, I design and manufacture Sterling Silver and base metal Poppy Badges, I now have a request from an number of Mayors in France who have seen my poppies to produce The Bleuet de France, we are in the design stage right now however we are about a month off production. The range will comprise of 16mm lapel pins, 16mm drop earrings, a pendant and a 25mm brooch.

Tony

Obviously this is a late response to this question, I design and manufacture Sterling Silver and base metal Poppy Badges, I now have a request from an number of Mayors in France who have seen my poppies to produce The Bleuet de France, we are in the design stage right now however we are about a month off production. The range will comprise of 16mm lapel pins, 16mm drop earrings, a pendant and a 25mm brooch.

Tony

I think there may be some forum rule about commercial postings.

Have you got a website ?

Because you've got a customer (moi) and I won't be the only one.

Make that two customers.

Have you got a website ?

I think Mr Drill will look lovely in drop earrings

• Admin

Have you got a website ?

Check out the profile, the website is on there

Michelle