The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

WW1 trench maps found in loft 1917 & 1918

Guest Webs

Hello there. Sorry if this post is in the wrong area. I have found these two ww1 trench maps in my loft. I've had a google and found this forum. If you can see the picture and have any advice on selling please let me know :-)

Just Incase the picture did not work

Trench map Belgium sheet 28. NW

Edition 6a

Scale 20,000

30/6/1917

Trench map Belgium & France

Sheet 36 N.W.

Edition 9a

Scale 20,000

26/6/1918

Unfortunately, there is no photograph attached. Have the map covers survived? If so please post this information or the names of some of the locations.

Original trench maps are of interest, but values would depend on the locations, the map scale and most importantly the condition.

Sepoy

NB I wish I had that type of thing laying around in my loft.....

Ha you have beaten me to it...

Sheet 28 may well be Yser Canal/Boezinghe area near Ypres . If so very interesting to me. You've lost me with MBC suites ?? But air rifle fan must be a good lad! Love 'em!

To upload a photo' it must be under 250 kb. Click "more reply options" bottom right, then "choose files" bottom left and follow the pop up.

You may have to have a minimum of five posts first but I don't think so.

Good luck

Oops beat me to it. Well done.

A lucky find! Sheet 28 covers Ypres & 36 covers Armentieres. These trench maps are often found for sale on a popular auction site.

I suspect you mean 1980 era NBC suits - ie a type of plastic overall designed for limited operations in Nuclear Chemical Biological warfare. So hot to wear y\you would run with sweat in any temperature and one rip or tear would let the nasty stuff in anyway.