The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Edward Mustoe DCM 1st Glosters

garfyboy

Hi all

I have a nurses autograph book from 1915 and one of the entries inside is hand written:

cpl E. MUSTOE

1ST GLOSTER REGT

BEF

home address

no12 bathcast ?? hill

junction hill

london n.w

After research i am pretty sure my man is Edward Mustoe, DCM, 6530 l/cpl - sgt

The only other Mustoes for glouc reg are all privates apart from a Edwin.t who had the rank of l/cpl and also served with the RE, the middle initial and RE should discount him.

The only thing i cannot put my finger on is the address in the book, edward was born in cirencester, is commemorated on the cirencester parish church war memorial, sdgw has residence as Newport?

Does anybody know of this chap? would his dcm citation give any details? (ive never seen one)

thanks

Andy

The DCM citation shows he's in the Cirencester area and there is a Newport in Gloucs.

Thanks coldstreamer for the dcm citation, and thanks simon2, i didnt know there was a newport in Glouc

andy

• 9 months later...

Andy,

Edward Mustoe 6530 is my Great Great Uncle on my Father's Mother's side. He was wounded in 1915, recovered and then died of further wounds as a Sjt in 1918, the family originate from and are still resident in Newport, Wales. I am happy to assist you further and would be grateful if you could copy me the relevant entry from your nurse's book.

Roy

Hi Roy

That's fantastic, I will certainly send you a photo of the page, it will be my pleasure, please pm me your email adress and I will send over

Andy

Roy: email on its way, by the way, the book once belonged to a nurse from Kirkby Lonsdale hospital and most of the entries are dated from March 1915.

Jay: thank for the citation, very much appreciated, and I guess Roy will be pleased also