Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Trench Map - Cockrane Alley, Aug 1916

Derbys

Hello

Great grandfather was killed on 18th Aug 1916 in Cochrane's Alley near Guiilement. I have a map of the are showing trenches but is large scale and shows no detail of Cochrane's Alley.

Would anyone have a detailed map or know where I could locate one. Anything else relating to the battle for Guillement 18th Aug 1916 would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Chris

Hi Chris

Here is part of map with Cochrane Alley, near Maltz Horn Farm, note spelling, I zoom in to check, but I am guessing this is the one your are looking for.

Annette

post-6616-0-96118000-1376391648_thumb.jp

Many thanks Annette, this is much appreciated. I keep hoping that somewhere there might be an actual photo of Cochrane Alley. Thanks again. Chris

Many thanks Annette, this is much appreciated. I keep hoping that somewhere there might be an actual photo of Cochrane Alley. Thanks again. Chris

Yes is would nice to find a photo of this area, the 7th K.S.L.I. took part in fighting for near by Lonely Trench on the 18th August, in the end the Germans abandoned Lonely Trench and the K.S.L.I. occupied without a fight.

Annette