Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

York Castle Museum lottery grant funds WWI exhibition

BelgianExile

Thanks for posting the news item, it's close to me so I shall definitely be visiting.

What a shame though, they say it will open in June 2014, I would have thought hanging on a few more weeks until the August would have been more fitting.

Whilst agreeing that the timing of the opening might have been better, delighted to see some of the HLF being properly used!

Bruce

No problem with the timing Kim, a June opening allows 2 extra months worth of visitors at the height of the tourist season, it also means, possibly more importantly that organised School visits can be made prior to their summer holidays In August!

Sam

Equally, school visits and tourists can still go in September. I don't suppose for one moment (and hope to god, considering the money being spent on it) that it will only be open for a short while.

I still say an August opening would have been more appropriate.

Whilst we didn't get completely involved until August, the unpleasantess did start with some sort of terrorist incident in Sarajevo on 28 June didn't it?

If people were going to be truly pedantic about it, I'm sure some could come up with other reasons and with earlier dates.

It just makes sense to be August :)