Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Royal Fusiliers in the Great War

Sue Light

Mark - Very curious as I have a chap i'm researching who went missing in action on the 30th

Ignore me Mark, Harry Barnes went missing on the 26th. Haven't the faintest idea where the 30th came from. :blink:

• 4 months later...

Sue,

Thank you for your kind offer re Royal Fusiliers.

I am researching the Old Boys on the War Memorial at Thetford Grammar School and three have RF connections. I'd be grateful for anything either about them or the time around their deaths. They were all ORs - I know this makes results less likely.

Reginald W Green, Lance Corporal, died 20/7/16. CWGC just says 'Royal Fusiliers'. He is on the Thiepval Memorial.

Walter E Wagg, Lance Corporal, 52907, 3 Coy 13th Bn., died 5/4/18. He is on the Arras Memorial.

Geoffrey W Youngman, Private, 71952, 4th Bn., died 5/6/18. He is buried in the Sandpits British Cemetery.

Once again thank you for the offer.

Best wishes,

David

• 2 months later...
Guest Richard Warby

Sue,

I wonder if you could do a couple of "look ups" please.

I am looking for details of Pte J Beddard 1st Batt. (City of London) attached to 20th Batt. when he was posted missing on 26th September 1917.

Also Pte A Thurman 2nd Batt. posted missing 28th February 1917.

Any details of these battalions' whereabouts on or prior to these dates would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Richard Warby

• 12 years later...

FAO Richard Warby - I have just obtained a download of the 20th Bn Royal Fusiliers War Diary from the National Archive. I can do a look up on Pte. Beddard if that assists.

Regards,

Gary