Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

UK Cemetery/Memorial photo requests. ALL NOW ALLOCATED :)

Bardess

Diane, can you post details of the ones you are looking for in Ayr Cemetery, Paisley (Hawkhead) Cemetery and Kilfinan. John.

Ooh, most certainly

Ayr - Lieut Frank Ephraim BALL - K.3937

Paisley - 379020 Pte Daniel Sinclair HARPER - H 445

Kilfinan - Lieut D MacALISTER - 96

Thanks so much jrah60

Diane

I collected the Bridlington image, will send on when I have caught up with the return home and domestic chores.

Keith

Thank you to everyone who have sent their pix to me so far. Peter Bennett is quietly working his way through his assorted pix and, unfortunately, BereniceUK couldn't find the headstone in Blackburn on her first try. Apparently it is a woeful disgrace

Hello I am off on holiday today but could do Bear Road Brighton in about 3 weeks if you still need it. Thanks Joan

Diane. Here`s another article about this "Top Bloke" who set about restoring Quinton old burial ground. E-mail sent to you about Lodge Hill. http://www.qlhs.org.uk/conservation/burial-ground-opens/burial-ground-opens.htm Can that newspaper reporter`s name be for real !!?? :poppy:

Hi, If you have`nt already got them, I could do Birmingham Yardley and or, Budbrooke St Michaels Warks. Who exactly are you after? Cheers, cresser.

Thanks Joan, that would be wonderful.

291 Cpl Thomas Allen Cheshire ZGV 73

Diane

I don't often pop onto this forum but I have a pic of this chap in my cemetery files- can you PM me an email address and I will send it onto you

Regards

Andy

Hi Bardess,

I have managed to get some pics of Harry Price and Frank Hall`s gravesites. Do you wish then emailed or through GWF.Cheers, cresser.

Just received photos of Daniel Cemm's headstone from the Cemeteries Office of Blackburn with Darwen Borough Council. Is either of them good enough? Judging by the angle the headstone was photographed from there must be a bush or shrubbery immediately in front of it.

post-89807-0-71829000-1376494616_thumb.j

post-89807-0-59011600-1376494635_thumb.j

post-89807-0-11616900-1376494654_thumb.j

Thank you so much for sticking with this one for me, Berenice. If it was hidden by shrubbery then it was no wonder you had difficulty locating it on your first attempt and I'm pleased that it didn't involve another trip for you

The guy at the Cemeteries Office says if you want me to try to get a better photo he's prepared to meet me at the cemetery and show me where the headstone is.

This will give you an idea of what parts of the cemetery look like - http://warmemorials.myfastforum.org/about3256.html

My goodness, some of the stones and plots are in a woeful state. If you could email the gentleman again and ask if there is an inscription at the base of the stone; if there is I really would like a photo including it, if not then I am very happy with the ones posted. Thanks Berenice

In the second photo I think I can see part of one letter of an inscription below the cross. I'll see if I can arrange a day to go back to Blackburn.

Hi again Bardess,

If you can let me know who you are after at Leamington Cemetery, I may be able to go tomorrow for you. OK, Cheers, cresser.

Berenice, I would really appreciate that. Thanks so much

Cresser, Y/833 L/Cpl Benjamin DAWKES in grave 19.76. Thanks for the offer