Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

UK Cemetery/Memorial photo requests. ALL NOW ALLOCATED :)

Bardess

I can do Somerton, Somerset if you don't mind waiting a week or so - PM me with details. Is it the church graveyard or the town cemetery?

I already have photos of the town memorial somewhere if that is any help.

hi diane

have got the photo if you pm me your email i will send it to you

rob

Who were you looking for in Birmingham Brandwood End, and Harborne St.Peter Churchyard ?

sJ and Rob, PMs sent. Thank you

neverforget:

Brandwood End - CH/342179 Armourer Isaac NEWTON B.1."C" 1154

Harborne [st Peter] - 486093 L/Cpl George Joseph DAVIS Spec Memorial

Thank you all for your offers

Just visited Highland Road Cemetery in Portsmouth to record the two graves requested from there.

It is an interesting place, with no less than 7 VC holders buried there, all awarded under the great queen. Portsmouth's other remaining cemeteries also have holders of that award, two in Milton Cemetery, and one in Kingston Cemetery. Another VC Holder was buried in a pauper's grave in cemetery that was destroyed and now lies beneath the commercial docks. Only one of these was a Great War award, Cpl Sidney James Day in Milton Cemetery.

Keith

Got P Norris at Somerton, let me know where to send it (will be Monday). By the way, CWGC is misleading, graves are in the town cemetery (half mile away by car), not in the church.

Diane,

Been to Witton for you, PM me your e-mail address.

Interestingly, CWGC were there renovating one of the screen walls,

post-10072-0-87426000-1373374508_thumb.j

Regards,

Graeme

I'll take St Paul's Rd, Oldbury.

Thank you John. They are:

Z/1107 L/Cpl William MATTHEWS C "C" 2105

12982 L/Sjt Thomas STANSFIELD F "C" 430

EDIT: Just to say thank you for taking the West Bromwich pix :D

Noton juxta Kempsey L/Cpl George Davis photographed today if you could pm me your e mail, regards. Colin

post-75644-0-34667600-1373485707_thumb.j

Brookwood UK 1914-1918 Memorial:

Sapper Alfred Ernest BATE on the Addenda Panel [possibly too early as he was 'brought in' last year]

Hello Diane,

It is still too early I'm afraid.

The existing memorial has no new names and I think will remain like this now.

BATE should be on the new memorial but this is not in place yet.

CGM

post-95959-0-63507600-1374413740_thumb.jHi Diane. Sorry about the delay, been doing some punishing shifts just lately. Just got back from Brandwood End cemetery, and St. Peter`s in Harborne. Great success with Isaac Newton at Brandwood, But less so I`m afraid at St.Peter`s. The only special memorial that I could find at St. Peter`s was one to men from Harborne. There was only one Davis on there, and it appears to be a B.Davis. No sign of G.Davis. Perhaps there is another memorial inside the church, or somewhere else in the grounds that I could not see, and I will contact the church tomorrow to try to find out. Meanwhile, here are the pictures I did get ( if I can manage to upload them here that is! ) If I don`t manage it, please send me a P.M. and I will send them to you that way. Let me know who you are looking for at Lodge Hill, and Quinton Church cemetery, and I`ll have a go at them next. Best wishes...Steve.

post-95959-0-69074500-1374413951_thumb.j

post-95959-0-13693600-1374414113_thumb.j

post-95959-0-66910400-1374414247_thumb.j

Edited by neverforget

Diane. I see that only one of the above pictures has uploaded correctly. Please send me a P.M. and I will send you them via e-mail.

I`ll try once more to get to grips with this uploading. Any tips would be most welcome as I`m sure I`m doing it wrong. :wacko:

post-95959-0-33225100-1374414894_thumb.j

post-95959-0-19168500-1374415061_thumb.j

post-95959-0-55170400-1374415177_thumb.j

Edited by neverforget

Still no good. For some reason I appear to be losing the right hand side of the page. Looks like I`ll have to e-mail them after all.

Hi Steve, PM sent and thanks so much for the headstone of I NEWTON. I would ask the Mods to delete post 68 and 69 as, until you've posted 100 times, your pic posting has a cap

Thanks, will do. Actually, I`ve just noticed that if you click on the three pictures that haven`t uploaded properly, they open up and you do get the full image after all. E-mail on the way in any case.

I'm a bit puzzled - there are requests and reports to delete various posts and photos - and some threads have been editted already. I'm only accessing the forum on my phone at the moment - users can edit their own posts....