Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Current history and forum 20 Volumes

Skipman

Edited 8:02 16/6/2013 Added 4 Final Volumes (17, 18, 19, and 20)

Current history and Forum 20 Volumes. Not a very inspiring title but this a huge set with a mountain of information. Nearly 2000MB

Edit 6:25 am 16/6/2013 Monthly Magazine of the New York Times

Vol 1

Vol 2

Vol 3

Vol 4

Vol 5

Vol 6

Vol 7

Vol 8

Vol 9

Vol 10

Vol 11

Vol 12

Vol 13

Vol 14

Vol 15

Vol 16

Vol 17

Vol 18

Vol 19

Vol 20

Mike

Thanks for posting Mike .These volumes contain some very interesting material. I have added them to the FIBIS Fibiwiki page First World War, section Historical books online. http://wiki.fibis.org/index.php?title=First_World_War#Historical_books_online_2

While preparing the URLs I noticed that Volumes 17-20, mentioned by you above, are the volume numbers for a quarterly series of the same monthly magazines and the contents of Volumes 17-19 are included in the earlier half yearly editions. Volume 20 of the quarterly series seems to be an overview volume, and is not included in the half yearly volumes as far as I can tell.

This is a copy of the contents of the Fibiwiki page (different lay out)

Current History: A Monthly Magazine of the New York Times. Initial volumes also had the title The European War. A similar series issued quarterly (same content) included the title European War for all quarterly volumes up to Volume XX to October 1920. Archive.org

Volume I From the Beginning to March 1915

Contents-Index

Volume II April 1915-September 1915

Contents-Index

Volume III October 1915-March 1916

Table of Contents and Index

Volume IV April-September 1916

Index

Volume V October 1916-March 1917

Index Part 1-Index Part 2

Volume VI April-September 1917

Volume VII October 1917-March 1918

Volume VIII April-September 1918

Volume IX October 1918-March 1919

Volume X April-September 1919

Volume XI October 1919-March 1920

Index

Volume XII No Index.

Volume XIII October 1920- March 1921

Index

Volume XIV April-September 1921

Index

Volume XV October 1921-March 1922

Index

Volume XVI April-September 1922

Index

The final volume of the quarterly series of the same monthly magazines, Volume XX of the quarterly series, appears to be an update of the earlier periods and may include content which is not included in the half yearly volumes. The content for the quarterly series up to June 1919 appears to be identical to the half yearly volumes. Volume XX July 1919-October 1920, Cumulative Index of the quarterly series. At least some of the quarterly editions are available on Archive.org

Cheers

Maureen

Thanks Maureen. I thought they might be different. Indeed a huge amount of information.Just for anyone who might not know. If you choose the " Full Text " option, for example Full Text Vol 1 Click Then press F3 or Ctrl + F, then the volume can be searched by Keyword, or phrase, then copied and pasted to Word, Notepad, or whatever? What a resource archive.org is?

Mike