Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

2 FOR RASTER SCANNING

Guest Hill 60

This is the second (obviously :P) photo I have. The troops are in the village of Cople, which is about 4 miles from the centre of Bedford and is next to the village of Cardington (once home to the ill-fated R101 airship).

It appears that the soldiers are heading towards Cardington after coming back from the Mox Hill area on the outskirts of Cople.

The building on the left is now the 5 Bells pub (which is within staggering distance from my parents' house :lol:).

This photo is titled 'Scottish Horse (T)'

Hello Lee.

Many thanks for posting the pictures.

I will see if I can add any info when I get a moment.

All the best.

John.

John - Cheers mate.

In the photo of the troops in Bedford you'll see the shop Luddingtons on the left, I do believe that it is still there. Actually, I'm sure it is as I've bought some bits in there recently ;)

Hi Lee.

Amazing that Luddingtons still survive as does Goldings further up the street on the same side.

The 1914 Kelly's Directory shows Ludingtons as being at 51 High St (on the corner of Ram Yard) this means the men are marching away from the river towards

De Parys Avenue.

Thanks again Lee, good to see you around again, I have not forgotten my promise for when I next go to Thailand.

Cheers

Thanks again Lee, good to see you around again, I have not forgotten my promise for when I next go to Thailand.

John - Thanks mate, you know how much that will mean to me and especially my Dad.