Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

hans von pernull

pernull

Thanks for translation Skippy, and for uploading the photos, are there any others yet to come?

Thought I'd seen it before:

http://www.rtvbn.com...am-mladu-bosnu/

Kath.

Blimey! Is that what written Cornish looks like?

Blimey! Is that what written Cornish looks like?

:D

Didn't have time to google translate before.

Kath.

There is a document pernull sent me, but I have to double check with him before I post it.

I'm sure there's a story in here? :thumbsup:

Mike

Aha! Photos and perhaps some documents. Now we have something to work with. Thanks for sharing them with us.

Apologies if my initial contribution to this thread ruffled feathers...I admit I was skeptical but I am certainly able to eat crow when appropriate.

Daniel

I have blanked out some of the names, perhaps pernull could post them if he feels it is ok to do so. I think that is all pernull has sent so far.

pernull feel free to send more if you want, I'm happy to post. Also please add any more details here, as I'm sure this will turn out to be a fascinating thread.

Good man Daniel, enjoy that crow :thumbsup:

i515oo.jpg

Mike

Thats ok , just a few bits , I know the story about hans von pernull sounds far fetched , thats why I have been re searching him for over 15years , I do have load pics and postcards from him , which I will share in time :)

Google translate says

Serbian director Srdjan Koljević plans to begin shooting in the fall of a new film about the Austro-Hungarian lawyer Rudolf Cistleru, who is ex officio defended Gavrilo Princip and the other members of the "Young Bosnia" and proved that the Austro committed agresiju.GAVRILO PRINCIPLE

The author plans to make his new film, the working title "I defended Young Bosnia", is ready for the premiere of 28th June 2014th year, to mark the 100th anniversary of the Sarajevo assassination and the beginning of World War II.

Koljević for the "Evening News" said that the events surrounding the Sarajevo assassination and subsequent trial to be told from the perspective of a lawyer Cistlera, which is part of the Croat and part German, and so far his view objectively.

He adds that this topic has been dealing for 20 years and that during that time accumulated a wealth of artifacts, not only from historical sources, but also from family, heirs of the people in the story.

"The central story of the trial that was conducted against members of Young Bosnia, because through it, learned a lot and seen. But of course, I also organization Young Bosnia and assassination, because I think there's a lot of unknowns, "said Koljević.

He added that the defense Cistlerova entered the annals as the penalty charges of high treason and attempted secession of Bosnia from Austria-Hungary, and he proved that, by law, BiH was the embodiment of the Austro-Hungarian monarchy, because the act of annexation was not adopted by Parliament.

"It was a very bold claim such a thing. At a time when all of Europe was at war, Cistler in his defense proved that the Austro committed aggression. Time itself exposed lynching, but was able to save, "explains Koljević.

Koljević states that, very little is known about the Austro-Hungarian occupation, the reasons why the youth revolt, and to forget the facts that the Austro-Hungarian law prohibiting youth associations, as well as literacy and the people that after 36 years of their rule was 88 percent illiterate.

The movie will appear as episodic roles and characters Serbian writer Ivo Andric, then as the first president of the Serbo-Croatian advanced youth, which was the basis of the future of Young Bosnia, and other intellectuals, such as Tin.

Koljević, author of the award-winning film "Red Coloured Grey Truck" and "A woman with a broken nose," states that it is currently in the final stages of writing a script for a movie about Cistleru and casting will be held in late summer.

Mike

Hi mike yes his book , he also owned a travel agency in sicily and was a archaeologist and journalist and owned hotels , the house he lived in did not officially exist till after he died

Well they're kept secret for 100 years, so when dd he die +100 years.

I do appreciate what's been posted so far, the photos are interesting, but I don't understand the link. I can't see anything which substantiates the claims - am I missing something?

There is one already held at kew gardens, the other one MI5 said was destroyed , which I told them is false , as I was told it will be realeased in 2016 , if you read his file at kew , in the file they slag him off but two years later he with the royal family

OK, let's say for argument's sake that everything you've said so far is right, how can we help you? What is it you'd like us to do?

Need help with the german and Austria side on his marriage certificate said his father was a major general franz josef ferdinard von pernull , I can not research him any futher because will dont know who his father and mother are !!

Ah, OK, so you need an expert on German matters then, there are a couple on here, let's hope they see this thread.

• 1 year later...

A "Pernull, J., Esq. 37, St. John's-wood-road, N.W.8." is listed as a Fellow of the RGS from 1913 in their 1921 list of fellows: search through http://archive.org/stream/listofhonoraryme00royauoft/listofhonoraryme00royauoft_djvu.txt