Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Ypres, and Albert June 14th.

gazcass

My better half and myself, will be spending a week in Ypres starting 14th June , then a week later in Albert . I shall be mainly retracing my grandfather's footsteps who was with the 9th Batt loyal North Lancs,[ he was shot on 10th August 1917 in the attack on Westhoek], then i will be following his exploits in the 12th Tank Batt Corps in and around the Somme area.

If there is anyone else in similar circumstances who would like to meet up for a glass of vin rouge, or if anyone wants any specific pictures of the surrounding areas, then contact me and i would be more than willing to help.

Albert was the town i travelled to in order to stock up on provisions when i was camping at Bellview campsite Authuille. I was over there 13-20 April, i have a link here i hope works, just one or two snaps i took while i was out shopping around!

http://i1366.photobucket.com/albums/r768/kevin7361/Albert%20France%20-%20April%202013/P1000605_zps71557ed7.jpg

regards, kevin.

Thanks, the town looks smaller than i envisaged,, the car boot doesn't look like it will take too long get through!!!

regards,

Gary